Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I'm trying to figure out what I need to make this work. I have an 06 with factory XM. I want to convert it to Sirius and have it work through the Factory Radio and XM Antenna if possible.

Searching around I found a few different things.

SIR-GM1 Adapater Doesn't look like this is available yet but I'm assuming this would just replace the XM module? It says it comes with an Antenna but does anyone know if the stock XM Antenna would work?

Soundgate Adapters - Looks like you need to purchase a Kenwood Module and Antenna to make this work , does the stock XM Antenna work with the Kenwood Reciever?

Is there any other way you guys are getting this to work?

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I don't know if the antenna are compatible (but my guess is no). However, the newer Sirius car kits that I have seen appear to have all you need. When I purchased mine back in 2002, I had to get an fm modulator to use with the factory radio. With the new kits I believe they transmit to an FM freq so you can tune it in on the factory radio......

Target has a couple of kits available. Do you have a target in your area to check out?

there are 2 there that I see.....the one shown and a "plug and play" kit to the left for $149

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.htm...380387-9058500?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B000BZ8PS8

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't want to use FM modulation and I don't want anything extra sticking on the dash or visor. I'm only interested in a factory type setup that works and displays on the Factory Radio.

·
Registered
382 Posts
:exactly::exactly::exactly::exactly: Having an FM Modulator,-:t'scuse me, negates a lot of the reason to get Satellite Radio. QUALITY! You are paying for your sound to be close to CD quality, not just better than a broadcast radio station:ro)

·
Registered
581 Posts
I went with the soundgate adapter, kenwood receiver and antenna. Works good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts