Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody running just a single stack on the passengers side in the bed? I am considering this to keep exhaust away when I am pulling my dog trailer. I haven't had any issues with dogs being affected, but trying to avoid it when I go to a wider trailer in the future. I'm worried about exhaust fumes getting built up in front of the trailer and working into the area of the boxes that contains the dogs. It is not a problem with the trailer that I currently have because it is narrower than the truck.

Anyone that has done this have pics to share, or does anyone have any insight to share?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I did search on stack and stacks, but didn't turn up what I was looking for. I'll look into this.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
That was Kyle from Crank It Up Diesel in the video, not many running single stacks. Actually now that I think of it Tomac runs a single on the crewcab.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know it's not popular, but I do need a tool box for all of the stuff that I like to carry with me. Boots, clothes, tools, tie downs, for all that ou never know stuff when you are out of town.

What I really would like pictures of is the underside of the truck. I'm not real sure what would be the best way to route the exhaust under the bed.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I know it's not popular, but I do need a tool box for all of the stuff that I like to carry with me. Boots, clothes, tools, tie downs, for all that ou never know stuff when you are out of town.

What I really would like pictures of is the underside of the truck. I'm not real sure what would be the best way to route the exhaust under the bed.
I think the only way to do a stack with a toolbox is either have a space between the cab & box or fill that space with piece of metal with a hole.

With routing the exhaust, it should be like any stack system turning up into the bed. I guess it depends on what you want for a look with a stack, close to side or towards the middle.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help noreaster, my searching brought up those same posts also. I would like to keep it in the corner, as close to the bedside as possible and put one of the 48" wide utility boxes in the other corner, 65" inside bedrails - 48" leaves a 17 " gap for a shroud around it and some way to disapate heat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a stack just like Kyle's in that video. I went from my 4" pipe under the cab and used some flex pipe to go from that through a gap between the bed and the frame. The flex pipe makes a slow 90 degree bend. Then a 4" elbow and a short peice of pipe goes through the bed and to a 4" to 5" adapter then to the stack. It leaves about 52" for a tool box. Maybe that will help.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks JK it sort of points me in the right direction, just wandering today if I can get away without using flex pipe, don't look that way though.

BTW do you have any pics?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.