Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I upgraded my 03 1500 ext cab 4wd to an 07 2500hd classic D/A CC, L/B, 4wd. Sweet move. Before, my buddy (has a 98 cummings) would make fun of my rig for being puss. At least until he was riding in comfort and having a conversation without yelling while in my rig.:D

When I got teh new rig, WAY MORE POWER. Why the heck would anyone need more than this??:iamwithst Clearly a stupid question. After 11k miles on the rig, my Y chromosome is re-emerging:beerchug: and I'm on the upgrade path. The wheels and nerf bars are done. So, it's on to the exhaust. Quiet is #1, without losing performance. From searching here, it sounds like Banks or Corsa are the quietest. I checked Corsa's webiste and it looks like duals out the bumper are the only option??? I back up into lots of hillsides, so anything under the bumper will get pounded. Seems like Banks is my best option (leaving the feline on)?????? I'll have the rig for at least 5 years, then probably replace it. But, any other suggestions for quiet that may be a little less $$$$? Then I'll have to figure out which sponsor to buy from.

After exhaust will likely be a tune (when the wife isn't looking):rockit:

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Anything cat back should be quiet. You can also check into MBRP and Silverline as a couple other suggestions. A downpipe back system with the VVT will still be pretty quiet and it will sound like a jet while idling.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
My MBRP cat back was pretty freakin' quiet !! I little bit of a sporty sound but idling it was not much different than stock !!

Taking the cat off made a big difference though !!

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
MBRP 4" is the way to go.. I think once you hear the turbo on the cat back setup, you will want to pull the cat and the muffler and then it will be all down hill from there. Trust me...

·
Registered
141 Posts
I have a silverline w/o cat and it is very quiet. Outside theres just a little rumble at idle or when your really on it and you can hear more turbo whistle. Inside it is barely noticeable. It was also very easy to install.

·
Registered
273 Posts
If I have no cat ??

Ok my 02 never came with a Cat ... now who makes the quite exhaust without loss of power and don't what to pay BIG $$$$

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
TTS is "stock" like quiet, both inside and outside, no interior drone.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Any cat-back system on an LBZ is going to be pretty quiet even if its 5". If you want it to stay close to stock sounding, I would go with a 4" MBRP cat-back. This system fits great, looks good, and is priced right. You will not notice much if any change in in-cab noise.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
ajk bell;1590150; said:
Ok my 02 never came with a Cat ... now who makes the quite exhaust without loss of power and don't what to pay BIG $$$$
You don't have a VVT on your truck, so straight piping your exhaust will make it loud and big block sounding.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Reineke;1591302; said:
You don't have a VVT on your truck, so straight piping your exhaust will make it loud and big block sounding.
Yes, but as stated before not looking for "Loud" only power improvement

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the input. Looks like the MBRP would even save me a little $$$ for the future.

·
Registered
419 Posts
ajk bell;1591917; said:
Yes, but as stated before not looking for "Loud" only power improvement
Regardless of whether or not a Duramax had a cat, from 01 through 05 the MBRP exhaust systems came as a four bolt flange back. If you truck has no cat you can still purchase the four bolt flange back system, or the entire front pipe back system, both will lower your exhaust temps, give you a nice (not loud) sound and will improve performance. Please call if you have any questions, thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.