Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering adding an EGT to my 2002 GMC 2500HD, but I don't see a need for boost or any other instrument. I already have tranny temp on the dashboard. So am I being penny wise and pound foolish to install just the one instrument in a single-instrument pod? Or would I be smarter to install a dual-instrument pod and leave one position unused? I don't want to diminish resale value by making it impossible for the next owner to add a second instrument, if that's what's most often done (I'm new to trucks in general, so how would I know!), but I don't want to spend more than I have to, either.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you are going to install a EGT gauge, I would install the boost gauge as well. I use this more than the EGT. The boost gauge will help you when tryin to keep the trans from down shifting. Also if you plan to run a program at some time you will be glad you have both gauges. Just my 2 cents thought! I have a three gauge piller set up with my top gauge my extra tank gauge.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I installed a boost and a diff temp gauge. I know the diff temp sounds funny, but you should see that mother rise when you're towing!

·
Registered
498 Posts
I would suggest just adding the boost gage right away. It is only about $40 to $50 and is a nice addition. I have them both - I only look at the boost gage for fun, and to see if the programmers change the boost. JMHO

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
one pod looks funny to me a 2 or three gaug po look a lot better IMO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts