Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what my truck to go fast and wont be doing any pulling and i was wandering what type of clutch i should get for my 06 LLY

·
Registered
224 Posts
All you need is a Single disc. I have CPMAC's single and it handles everything that I have thrown at it. This summer will be the real test when I put the nitrous on. He seemed very confident that I shouldn't have any problems. When I spoke with him he believes that his single will hold at least 400 or more rwhp.

·
Registered
154 Posts
:ro) If you need one right now, go to crankitupdiesel.com and talk to Evan aboout his Macs dual disc street clutch. Not too bad on prices either. I have a dual disc centered iron puller with SMF and absolutly love it!
GOTTA get rid of that junk ******* POS factory DMF! if you are going to add power, and do something more than drive it for a "Grocery Getter".
Let me know how it goes for you.:grd:

·
Registered
489 Posts
The Mac's single is great choice for daily driving. The SBC Single Mass Flywheel/Dual Disk kit from Dynadroit also performs great as a daily driver and is similarly priced and gives you the flexability should you want to up the ante on POWER! Like Clutchbuster said the issue is not so much the clutch but the POS GM Dual Mass Flywheel which will eventually fall apart on you....GARRONTEEED!!! It must go! Let me know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
502 Posts
The Mac's single is great choice for daily driving. The SBC Single Mass Flywheel/Dual Disk kit from Dynadroit also performs great as a daily driver and is similarly priced and gives you the flexability should you want to up the ante on POWER! Like Clutchbuster said the issue is not so much the clutch but the POS GM Dual Mass Flywheel which will eventually fall apart on you....GARRONTEEED!!! It must go! Let me know if you have any other questions.
:exactly: Had 1200 miles on the "NEW" DMF and it had already went south. None of the bolt holes lined up. Had to pry the flywheel back close to get lined up and then run them all out evenly little by little while pulling the flywheel off the crank just to get it off. That was with just 1200 miles:rippedhan No way to get around it one way or another the SMF is the ONLY fix. I have went though 4 DMFs and still needing another at only 75,000.:rant:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Get SBC Dual Disk and be done

·
Registered
19 Posts
The Dual disc that i have hooks really well but u have to get used to the chatter when the peddal is depressed. sbc Says that most of it will go away after it is really broke in. But i dont think so

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Counter weights?

doese the dual disk south bend have counter weights?

·
Registered
489 Posts
No counter weights necessary on the flywheel as they are precisely machined billet steel. Balancing is performed by material extraction not addition.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Don't know what rwhp the single discs will hold (as yet) but if you stack some chips, add a lift pump, you will get well over 500 rwhp and if you add and propane or N2O and you will easily jump over 600 rwhp.

·
Registered
226 Posts
How much is the south bend double disc clutch

·
Registered
226 Posts
and whats it rated at power wise

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
They run about $1800 not installed, and power wise i havent heard anyone putting more than about 500HP but i think it should hold upwards of 700HP :eek: .

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have put Craigs clutches to the test i have a single Street in my truck now and love it i've ran nos on my run with single Street and the Dual-disk puller I would not use any other clutch out on the market(my personal opinion)I've had great luck the single street i feel is smooter and easier than a stock clutch with the strength to hold the rwhp! Talk to [email protected] Crankitupdiesel or Craig I've got both numbers if you need either
Chris

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
quicknick;
I personally recommend dual disc clutches for running fast. It just reduces risk and increases reliability. The single disc are best for stock replacement and non-racing or competitive activities.

·
Registered
494 Posts
A single disc clutch will give you the quickest disengagement so therefore will be faster. You can not shift a dual disc clutch as quick as a single. But if you get to aggressive with a single it could slip where the dual may take a more aggresive shift (not letting off the throttle while shifting). My fastest quarter mile times were ran with a single disc clutch.

·
Registered
19 Posts
What are u hauling and how much power is your dmax putting out. my stock single disk held untill the flywheel warped. then only a 1/4 inch around the edge was touching.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts