Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at either doing simulators (Phoenix) or a set of Eagle 058 wheels. Anyone have experience with either one? I can get the wheels for $545 and the simulators for $200. Any opinions welcome....Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
go for the wheels they look better

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
I like the look of the wheels, but I don't think you can rotate tires with them unless you mount and dismount tires. My dad has simulators with factory center caps on his truck and they look nice too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
haulinmail with duramax!!

simulators take a beatin wheels look great but for how long and a lot more work ...simulators just wash and go i have to sets and there easy to care for ... just my 2 cents thanks i have a express van duramax, 2007 cc/sb/duramax,ali sweet ride .. thanks eric

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am leaning toward simulators. Less expensive and an easy install. But the look of those wheels keep me thinking.:confuzeld:confuzeld

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
The eagles look really nice now but cleaning them and keeping up on polishing sucks. I had the same ones for my non dually 1/2 ton and keeping them polished was a B! Get the simulators. I will never go back to an aluminum wheel.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just ordered the simulators from Summit Racing. Should have them Wed. The comment about cleaning sealed the deal, I had Alcoas on a Ford and that was a pain. Maybe if my truck was not a road warrior I would have gone wheels.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Good choice IMO. Post up pics when you get them.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Put the same Phoenix sims on mine. Looked at your pictures of the Eagle's and was having some regrets until I read the other posts. Mine are only a couple months old but they really are no brain maintanence. I actually get more than a few compliments on them. Would like wheels but have to agree aluminum's are alot of work. Buddy has 22.5 Alcoa's about the same age as my cheapo's and his allready need some serious work. Would like to get a bigger tire on and see what that looks like. Have seen alot of posts but what is the biggest tire you can run without spacers?

·
Registered
4,722 Posts
I have sims that the OE Caps keep secure...I love them...they are easy to keep clean too!

·
Registered
486 Posts
haulin-rv;1599157; said:
Just ordered the simulators from Summit Racing. Should have them Wed. The comment about cleaning sealed the deal, I had Alcoas on a Ford and that was a pain. Maybe if my truck was not a road warrior I would have gone wheels.

Where were you going to get the eagles if you don't mind me askin?

·
Registered
633 Posts
dragoonranch;1646565; said:
Where were you going to get the eagles if you don't mind me askin?
X2. Everwhere local was more expensive than $545.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I have never been a fan of Sims. Always liked the aluminum rims. I had some on my non-dually and I loved the way they looked.
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/garage.php?do=big&p=26827
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/garage.php?do=big&p=26828
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/garage.php?do=big&p=26829

They never were hard to keep clean, but we don't salt roads down here. I'm guessing that may contribute to the keeping clean problem I'm reading about.

I don't have them on the dually because of the rotation problem, and I don't think two aluminum rims will fit on a hub properly. Even if they do, that's six rims to buy (ouch).

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
haulin-rv;1599157; said:
take some good pics i think that is what i am going to do. my factory simulators are all $crewed up! and won't go on at all!

·
Registered
571 Posts
I bought simulators for $80 so i really couldn't go wrong. I also have the 058's. I think either one looks good.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Sims

Have had both wheels & Sims, like the Sims because they keel the factory caps and are quite east to keep clean. It's hard to beat polished stainless for ease of maint ! I bought mine from jaeeagle.com

·
Registered
571 Posts
I bought mine at a local surplus store. Supposedly had a ding but I couldn't find it. Hes right the sims are way easier to clean.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts