Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site is the best source for building an excellent book for maintenance and early warning signs, so I thought I would ask this question:

Since there has been a significant effort placed on assessing the capability of the Racor OEM fuel filter and the fact they do not meet the requirements to keep the fuel clean, we have not posted the signs that the injectors are failing if any have failed.

Has anybody had any Injector failure(s) and what were the signs that they failed?

Code thrown

Truck ran poorly

Truck died altogether

Injectors were noisey

Mileage dropped significantly

Smoke out tailpipe

I am developing a list and want to have this information. Please post if you have experienced or heard of failure.

Thanks

Jeff

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dmaxallitech,

Thanks. Out of those listed is there any that would be more obvious than others?

I race an Turbocharged EFI car so I figured those would be a good start but was hoping to identify maybe a top 2 so if I(or any of us) start to see symptons we can be pro active

Another question, On an injector replacement, is there a required factory adjust or would it be a straight install and the injector is screened to match the duty cycle set forth by GM? Or will they require a reset and an A/F correction?

I was thinking at somepoint that I would like to replace the injectors as a part of PM. I KNOW I can get these cheaper than I have heard people have had to pay. I run 160lb/hr Bosch injectors in the race car and have sources for direct purchase, I would suspect I just need to ask.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I would be curiuos as to your source for injectors, while I no doubt think your supplier can get injectors, most at this point dont have the equippment to handle the 24,000psi that these injectors flow.

Injectors just need to be installed, no recalibration needed but the install for a first timer would be time consuming, if your mechanically able, go ahead, if not. I wouldnt monkey with it. Alot of places for fuel to leak in an out of the engine.
Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts