Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is everyone taking their molding off? My 2002 has molding and no door dings, I've had my 2006 w/no molding for 10 days and it got dinged at the dealership 2 days ago. Dr. Dent took care of it this AM, but why did they leave it off in the first place. Can I add it and would it be good as factory installed? Mike z

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Because by removing it you gain approximately 37hp and 54lbs of torque due to the reduces mass and parasitic drag of the trim.):h

or, maybe because everyone has different tastes and that clean look is in? Think I'd have to shave my door handles too if I removed my trim so I'm leaving it for the protective service it offers. I'll get the extra 37hp and 54lbs of torque by other means.:D

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mad how did you manage 37 I only picked up 34hp.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Cuz I also removed my "LS" badges as well as the "silverado/Chevrolet" from the tailgate...of course! ;) ):h

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Most people remove it because they bought Chevy's with ugly trim instead of GMC's with all chrome. Personally I removed the Chevy trim and replaced it with GMC.

·
Registered
318 Posts
yeah I agree with the OP... I kinda like being protected from dents.

I also think the contrast of all the black trim (molding, mirrors, wheel flares, bumper caps, door handles etc) look really good with certain colors... blue granite being one of them, so I'll be leaving mine on.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
I guess it's personal preference if you like body side molding or not. I like it cuz it does protect your truck some what from dings. ;)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had Line-X done yesterday, Reese underbed rails reinstalled tommorrow, black side molding installed Thursday. I'm pimpin this baby up.......sweet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've still got mine on...but the plastic has big bumps in it..so they're comin off. I think it'll look a lot smoother. I may look into the GMC moldings though, thanks for the idea!

·
Registered
210 Posts
I yanked mine off, even the 2500 and the Dura/ally emblems. Looks so much better to me. They came off so easy too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts