Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 83K on my truck. The 100K war is up soon. What would you guys do? I have had the injectors done, but is it worth getting rid of a good truck to upgrade just because of the 100K? ALSO people have said that the 100K war was not offered since the 04 trucks, is that true?

·
Registered
812 Posts
All of the Duramaxes have 100K on the engine. The Bumper-To-Bumper was 36K up to the 06's. Now they have 5/100 Bumper-to-Bumper. If you like your truck, keep it! I have 192k now, by the end of the week I should have about 196K. Injectors have been replaced once, but that relly wasn't too bad. Shooting for 500K miles....still love this truck.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Maybe you can call GM and get some information regarding the warranty extension(200k miles for the injectors) for the '04 models. *If* they say that the 04s will eventually be covered, then that's great and you may have to foot the bill to have the injectors replaced, but they should reimburse you; this is what they are doing with the 03s. IMO, the precedent is set with the current LB7 injector extended warranty, so I see no difference with the 04 LB7s.....*IMO*.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Well, I'm keeping mine till the wheels fall off.:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.