Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found an 01 Chevy Duramax with only 51,000 for a reasonable price. Should I take a chance on buying this out of warranty, since it's been 5 years on the engine, and take a chance on having to put $3,000 into a new set of injectors in the foreseeable future? What other issues should I be thinking about? Is the 5 yr/100K warranty on the motor extendable once it's run out?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Reasonable is around $21,000 for a crew cab 4x4

I did not know about the 7/200 warranty on the injectors.....thanks!

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I bought an 02 last year with 44K on it. I love it. THere are a great buy. you can have the vin checked here. It all depends on the $$$$$ and the physical conditions.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I bought my 2001 Chevy Dmax with 89,000 miles from my dealer and it has not seen the shop for anything other then the fuel filter recall and I currently have 95,000 miles. I love it and would only trade for a newer dmax like '05 or newer and since I can't afford that then I wont do anything. I paid $21,000 for my LT fully loaded and it had the 89,000 miles at that time.

*edit*

I would check to see if it has ever been chipped. I had a guy that has chipped his '03 Crew Cab look at it. I would smell the tranny fluid and have it checked. Have someone run a VIN check on it. Check all the fluids and make sure it sounds like it may be running right.

·
Registered
511 Posts
How about an 02, Dmax, 4x4 crew, LT model, leather, 36k miles, guy wants 26,500--I thought about offerin 25k--he has had it for sale about two months now.

·
Registered
802 Posts
If you are serious about the truck, get the vin check, and then take it to a shop and have them go over it: coolant presure check, tranny, steering, rear seals. etc. all of though things will be on your dime. and have a history of failures on the 01s....if you can find a shop with a tech II you can get the fuel system checked out as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts