Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad to say but the duramax may be going and I might be getting a short bed Dodge cummins, just wondering how the short beds tow a 5th wheel with a gooseneck adapter? I like my B&M flip over ball and would like to install the same in a different truck.

·
Registered
565 Posts
You should check with your 5th wheel manufacturer about installing a gooseneck adapter to your 5'er (if you have one or plan to someday). Depending on age, they wont cover warranty work and the added stress on the plate may not be able to take that kind of pressure. Also with a shortbed you will have to keep a careful eye on the turning radius.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I already have the adapter on my new Savoy installed by the dealer, I just currently have a long bed and was curious about how a short bed would handle the same.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a short bed and it tow's fine with it, but if given the chance again when I bought the truck, I'd get the long bed for sure. That way you can put items in the bed of truck up front while towing. Remember you lose a lot of room in the short bed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts