Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought a thread to share money/time saving tips, or just something that is a good idea may be helpful. I was just posting in another thread and thought of this. I use old moving pads when I work on my truck. It's especially nice to lay on them when it's cold out. Also, if you have to lay on your driveway, they keep your shirt from getting all black. You can wash them, and they are practically indestructible. Any moving company would probably sell you a used one for $15-$20.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
:) May sound a bit funny.........but I use a piece of rug (shag)
I just roll it up when I don't need it. Pretty simple huh?

I have been known to fall asleep under the truck though. Seems when I'm frustrated and the stereo is playing my fav. songs, I sometimes just lay there and think of better times (when my truck worked).
Funny though, when I wake up from my siesta, I'm in a much better mood. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
I use a creeper that has padding... :D

·
Premium Member
17,954 Posts
I use an old vinyl seat cushion from an unwanted chair that has a wood panel underneath for kneeling on. I also use comercially available knee boards of foam and plastic that I got a concrete tool supply house. Saves the poor old knees.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
i had my old living room rug in my old garage, the only problem was when it got oily and wet, i had to throw it out. not to mention it weighed about a thousand pounds soaked. It was great when it lasted though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts