Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, here is your chance to get ready for racing season.

April 10th at Jeff's we will have a shop day for anyone that wants to come. We will have the normal activities going on so put it on your calendar.

Those that are racing with us at the DHRA / TS Performance race May 1st, this is a the last weekend the dyno will be at the shop for tuning before the race.

See ya'll there.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
C'mon you Southeast guys, get that Duramax there to represent.

I will be there, because I know that dyno misses my truck.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Just don't order the wrong stuff at the hash bar there!

I am sure there will be some high horsepower trucks there as everyone is getting ready for Bowling Green.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
C'Mon Southeast Duramax owners, we need some trucks to be there at the dyno day!

Let's get a good showing of power for the fellow diesel heads there!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
We had a great shop day. There were quite a few trucks there but only two Duramaxes.
Sdaver and I represented pretty well, only two trucks posted better numbers than us but they were both 660 HP 12V Cummins. I put down 516 and Daver put down 487. We did a bunch of test drives of each others trucks too. The TTS on Daver's truck is smooth.
The 03 Cummins with the TST could cook the clutch on anything over 6/6 with ease.

The 03 HO Cummins with the TST box smacked down a solid 450 horsepower, no other mods except for a AFE drop-in and a straight pipe.

There was a very solid 430 number from a 7.3 Ford and a 420 from a 6.0 liter Ford also.

A big thanks again to Jeff Garmon and David Dunbar for a great shop day. You guys work hard to let us diesel heads have some fun!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are always a few things I can count on at our shop days. The sun to come up, getting dirty, hamburgers on the "stack" grill, and Brandon to lay down a 500+ number on my dyno.

Thanks for the support from BMDMAX and SDaver this weekend. We had good numbers from all of the camps. Dmax's spanking the rollers 516&484, Ford 7.3 at 425hp, 6.0 at 411hp, a couple of 650+ 12v's and a new CR Cummins at 441hp on level 7 slipping the clutch.

My first experience with the new TST box for the CR Cummins and I was very impressed. Big time power but what ever the price is for the box, go ahead and factor in a new clutch as part of the price.

We also tested a CR Cummins with stacked 6-gun and Edge EZ. I was surprised to see about 300hp STACKED!!!. We took off the EZ and the Six Gun made 260 alone. Not sure why but that is stock power output and the curve was horrible. We then put the EZ on alone and made 311hp.
Not sure why the 6 gun didn't perform but it didn't and the EGT protection feature was turned off.

Thanks again for coming out.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
great to see everyone..........thanks david and jeff...the 666 hp on the dodge "beast" was very impressive along with brandons smokin dmax.

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
DavidTD said:
There are always a few things I can count on at our shop days. The sun to come up, getting dirty, hamburgers on the "stack" grill, and Brandon to lay down a 500+ number on my dyno.

Thanks for the support from BMDMAX and SDaver this weekend. We had good numbers from all of the camps. Dmax's spanking the rollers 516&484, Ford 7.3 at 425hp, 6.0 at 411hp, a couple of 650+ 12v's and a new CR Cummins at 441hp on level 7 slipping the clutch.

My first experience with the new TST box for the CR Cummins and I was very impressed. Big time power but what ever the price is for the box, go ahead and factor in a new clutch as part of the price.

We also tested a CR Cummins with stacked 6-gun and Edge EZ. I was surprised to see about 300hp STACKED!!!. We took off the EZ and the Six Gun made 260 alone. Not sure why but that is stock power output and the curve was horrible. We then put the EZ on alone and made 311hp.
Not sure why the 6 gun didn't perform but it didn't and the EGT protection feature was turned off.

I've had that with the Dmax 6 gun too. Hard to see some times, but if it sets a switch fault error, you'll need to give it a restart. Basically if it doesn't like what it sees, it defaults to stock power levels.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kennedy said:
DavidTD said:

I've had that with the Dmax 6 gun too. Hard to see some times, but if it sets a switch fault error, you'll need to give it a restart. Basically if it doesn't like what it sees, it defaults to stock power levels.

Thanks John, you saying you've seen the 6 gun derate or go into a limp mode? I didn't see anything to indicate a problem. Did you?

Good info...

·
Vendor
9,678 Posts
I installed on Victory Red's truck and it did not work. As in your case, it wasn't really worth fiddling with that day so we moved on.

Tried reinstalling on mine and it gave me switch error codes. The little diagnostic blinked at me. "Rebooted" it and then it went.

Level 6 has a typical curve shape, but levels 5 down roller coaster quite a bit. I don't see anything on my boost gauge to indicate anything wrong, but I figure I'll try the big Head wastegate actuator once and see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.