Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Duramax has less than 15K miles on the odometer. When and what type/brand of shocks are Duramax owners as replacements?

·
Registered
600 Posts
LOTS of threads on this topic, just use the search option.

Short answer is: Bilsteins are the most popular. There are other options but I believe you will be very happy with Bilsteins.

Good luck.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just bought my Bilsteins from www.kennedydiesel.com for $260.00 Shipped.
Very good service.

I am very happy with the ride!

·
Registered
121 Posts
i changed mine 2 weeks ago at 300 miles..all i can say is wow what a difference..they were bilsteins
...this thing will corner as good as my old 1500..no more body lean and really smooths out those annoying wash board roads we have around here..

·
Registered
326 Posts
I 2nd the Rancho 9000's. What's not to like about a shock you can adjust to ride/handle to your exact requirements?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I have the Monroe Reflex shocks ($39) from O'Riellys. They are supposed to be the same shock as the Rancho 5000's. Very stiff, no more nose dive, corners better than the pontiac.

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Bilsteins Edited by: Blinky

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I just switched over to the Bilsteins on my HD 2500 and everyone here is right. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. I was contemplating the Edelbrocks but I found out that a lot of sets were returned because they were too soft. As for Bilstein, my back,neck and butt thank you. Ahhhh....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts