Diesel Place banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I did the green key torsion lift and it sits 2" inches higher. I added about .5 inch of spacers and the truck rides GREAT on the road. However if I go off road at all the shocks extend to maximum travel and it doesnt sound good when this happens. I want to put new 2" inch longer shocks on the front. The problem is bilsteins are on a major back order. And I think that is poor on their part shame on them. So I will order another brand but who makes them for a two inch lift. According to ranchos site and monroe they only make stock length and four inch longer. SO can someone with a 2 inch front lift tell me the brand and part number for a shock that will fix my problem for a 2005 2500 HD 4X4. Thanks for all replies. Please I need help.

Steve :help: :help: :help:

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
I may be way off, and getting verification would definately be needed, however.... I beleive the Bilsteins that are 2" longer were specd. for the Dodge, if that is true, maybe you could use another make of shock (rancho, monroe...) specd. for the DOdge.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i used rancho on mineand works great,also t bars are cranked.Its a little stiffer ride but looks so much better level

·
Registered
214 Posts
If you go with rancho's, go with the 5000's, they are adjustable. If you take measurments of what the shock needs to be at fool droop, relaxed and fully compressed, rancho or any other brand can tell you what shock you will need.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Ok I did the green key torsion lift and it sits 2" inches higher. I added about .5 inch of spacers and the truck rides GREAT on the road. However if I go off road at all the shocks extend to maximum travel and it doesnt sound good when this happens. I want to put new 2" inch longer shocks on the front. The problem is bilsteins are on a major back order. And I think that is poor on their part shame on them. So I will order another brand but who makes them for a two inch lift. According to ranchos site and monroe they only make stock length and four inch longer. SO can someone with a 2 inch front lift tell me the brand and part number for a shock that will fix my problem for a 2005 2500 HD 4X4. Thanks for all replies. Please I need help.

Steve :help: :help: :help:
Jack your truck wheels off the ground and look at the upper a-arm in relation to the mechanical stop. The clunking that you are hearing is likely due to contact here. You can also look to see if this stop is being polished if you have hit it many times.

Lengthening the shocks is NOT the answer. The Cognito leveling kit will allow more travel without hiting these stops due to redesigned upper a-arms.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
If you go with rancho's, go with the 5000's, they are adjustable. If you take measurments of what the shock needs to be at fool droop, relaxed and fully compressed, rancho or any other brand can tell you what shock you will need.
i think the 9000 are adjustable not the 5000 or am i wrong because i used to have 5000 on my old truck an they were not adjustable

·
Registered
214 Posts
Accident, and the 5 isnt even close to the 9 on the keyboard.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks for the quote Kennedy. Well with that said I will look into the bumper issue. I noticed it has been rubbing but the sound I am hearing I thought was a more metallic sound. Thats why I thought it was the shock over extending. But with that said maybe I will go with the stock length.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts