Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my 2 cents guys...

Just put Bilstiens on the 2012...
Removed the factory shocks at 11,500 miles. I compressed them and they never did extend back out...
The Bilstiens compressed and returned/extended quick...Ride is better so I say the the $300.00 spent at was worth it....

·
Registered
211 Posts
Whether or not the shock extends after it's compressed is not a sign of wear. Only gas filled shocks extend to the limit when compressed and released.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ride is smother? And what did the set cost?

300.00 shipped from eshocks.com. As far as the ride it just feels more positive...Feels like the truck responds better on the road, curves and such...

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whether or not the shock extends after it's compressed is not a sign of wear. Only gas filled shocks extend to the limit when compressed and released.

I never said the factory shocks were worn out, just that they never fully rebounded...I've never been a big fan of the factory shocks. Always felt GM cut some corners there...I have put the Bilsteins on my trucks and feel its a worth while upgrade...

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
I never said the factory shocks were worn out, just that they never fully rebounded...I've never been a big fan of the factory shocks. Always felt GM cut some corners there...I have put the Bilsteins on my trucks and feel its a worth while upgrade...
He was pointing out the shock rebounding after you compress them is not a sign of anything. Even brand new they will not do it, same for any other hydro shock

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Stock OE shocks suck. Any aftermarket brand shocks would be better then stock OE shocks.

·
Registered
5,212 Posts
Stock OE shocks suck. Any aftermarket brand shocks would be better then stock OE shocks.
Not always true, I have Bilstiens on my Van and they are no better than factory ones, if anything they are worse.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not always true, I have Bilstiens on my Van and they are no better than factory ones, if anything they are worse.

Are the shocks on your van the 5100 series? I know the bilsteins that are yellow w/blue boots are not as good. They have always been on the cheaper quality side..I've had those...the 5100 is mono-tube design and much better product..I've had sets of 5100's on all my previous trucks and each time has been a huge improvement over factory...Thats all this post was started for. Only trying to inform guys that IMO its still a worth while upgrade....If you want to spend the money...

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
From a quality stand point aftermarket shocks are better. & can/would last longer then stock OE shocks. With my Bilstien HDs (4600 series) I get better high speed handling & better handling when towing/hauling.

Bilstien 4600 series (HD yellow & blue) are stiffer then the Bilstien 5100 series.

If those Bilstiens you have on that van are worse then stock shocks it must because you have the wrong shock application for your van. Or try a diff brand of shocks. Try a twin tube shock vs a mono tube shock.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Just ordered a set of 5100's from NorCal Truck, I can't wait for them to get here so I can install them!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.