Diesel Place banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where can i find/get shock spacers?

i have my keys fully tweeked, and am looking for 1-2 in spacers to improve my ride

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
Is it possible to use washers at the top of the shock?

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it possible to use washers at the top of the shock?
you would think, but i don't want to f- up my suspension..

·
Registered
644 Posts
Cognito Motorsports...the have them with their leveling kit and I'm sure that they will sell them seperately.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yes it is possible to put spacers at the top of your shocks. You can use washers or a spacer. I found them at Home Depot.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it is possible to put spacers at the top of your shocks. You can use washers or a spacer. I found them at Home Depot.
on the top, or on the shock, underneath the shock bucket??

·
Registered
234 Posts
What I did is unbolt the top and compress it down and pull the shock back to get at it. I took of the large washer on there and put a couple of washers on. I've seen it on here that you only need to put 3/4 on an inch of washers or spacer. How much you can get on depends on the shock. I was only able to get about 3/8 inch of washers on.

·
Registered
8,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What I did is unbolt the top and compress it down and pull the shock back to get at it. I took of the large washer on there and put a couple of washers on. I've seen it on here that you only need to put 3/4 on an inch of washers or spacer. How much you can get on depends on the shock. I was only able to get about 3/8 inch of washers on.
did it improve your ride?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Not at first but that was because I had my torsion bars cranked too much. Turned them down a few turns and I think it rides better than stock. If anyone has driven through a harvested wheat field you know how the ride is going against the grain. No pun intended. I hit about 40 doing this and was surprised that the back end did not slide around. I amm running the RMX shocks from Les Schwab.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
You can put a spacer under the bottom shock mount, seen a pioc the other day with that.
Ive heard the same thing, but i havent been able to find a pic of it, or get anyone whose done it to explain...I didnt see how you could do...

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I think the pic was in somebodys, garage I can't find it anywhere.
The lower shock mount has a bolt attaching it to the lower a-frame, put a solid spacer in there & might need a longer bolt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts