Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 04 cc 4X4 with 6500miles. And the left front shock is leaking oil,Should I Have it replaced under warranty or just bite the bullet and buy aftermarket? If aftermarket which ones? Any Prefs? Thanks

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
I think the best alternative would be to recieve a factory credit on improved shocks. The factory shocks are probally bad in the box. Good luck!

·
Registered
772 Posts
The first time I drove my brand new truck I knew the shocks were inadequate. Don't bother with factory replacements. Go to the aftermarket and get some from people who make shocks for a living. I like Bilsteins. Ranchos are also very popular. I see that Bronco has Edelbrocks. About the only thing the factory shocks are good for is keeping the mounting brackets clean while you decide what to replace them with.

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Tsckey wrote:

About the only thing the factory shocks are good for is keeping the mounting brackets clean while you decide what to replace them with.

Sad but true

·
Registered
242 Posts
About the only thing the factory shocks are good for is keeping the mounting brackets clean while you decide what to replace them with.

I love that quote. So true, so true. Many of us can attest to this.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
surprised they lasted that long. I lost both rears after a heavy tow (may not have caused it but that is when I noticed it) and only 3K on the odometer. replaced with 9 way adjustable ranchos and have been happy ever since.

marc

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all replies
I wil check out other posts on the Shock issue,Guess I should have looked harder on the forum, Sorry for the Post without doing a search. Thanks to all. Cheers

·
Registered
62 Posts
My front left shock puked at 1400 miles! When I saw the oil all over the shock, I walked in the house and ordered a set of Bilsteins. Considered Edlebrock but Bilstein won the short debate.

04 2500 D/A EXT, hypertech, Nicktane, Bilsteins

·
Banned
2,067 Posts
Edelbrocks are worthy of a try. "About the only thing the factory shocks are good for, is keeping the mounting brackets clean while you decide what to replace them with" Tsckey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts