Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you guy's with the bullydog programmer needing to shim your Fuel Pressure Relief Valves?

I was just curious if anyone has needed to do this on their lbz......

·
Registered
354 Posts
huh? never heard of it, havent done mine, dont know how to do mine.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
I am pretty sure the 06 LLY and LBZ have quite a bit different fuel rail setup. I haven't heard of any 1093's on either.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am pretty sure the 06 LLY and LBZ have quite a bit different fuel rail setup. I haven't heard of any 1093's on either.
I have shimmed my FPRV on my 06 as part of the duramaximizer kit so I know it can be done and may liklely be required on certain setups.

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
My mistake, thanks for correcting me. That also confirms that the duramaximizer is raising fuel pressure.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The way I understand it (the shim), the Duramaximizer raises the fuel pressure, you'll need to shim the fuel valve. The Bullydog has fun with the ECM but does it more with timing I believe. If you run out of fuel pressure, I guess that means you'll lose some top end but I don't see any lack of top end from my 06 LLY. I just did a Dallas to Mississippi run and back. The top end seems to be limited by the fuel shutoff (and the 120mph speedo reading limits my ability to determine how much faster than that I went).

I have a finger stick, 4" turbo-back exhaust and bullydog programmer. Now if I could just get the EGR blocker plate in without breaking the bolts, I would be set (for now). HEY- Anyone got any idea how the hec to get the bolts loose on the flange without the need to break any more tools?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The way I understand it (the shim), the Duramaximizer raises the fuel pressure, you'll need to shim the fuel valve. The Bullydog has fun with the ECM but does it more with timing I believe. If you run out of fuel pressure, I guess that means you'll lose some top end but I don't see any lack of top end from my 06 LLY. I just did a Dallas to Mississippi run and back. The top end seems to be limited by the fuel shutoff (and the 120mph speedo reading limits my ability to determine how much faster than that I went).

I have a finger stick, 4" turbo-back exhaust and bullydog programmer. Now if I could just get the EGR blocker plate in without breaking the bolts, I would be set (for now). HEY- Anyone got any idea how the hec to get the bolts loose on the flange without the need to break any more tools?
On the 05 LLY's a lot of the guys with hot programs such as the PPE Hot + 2 used in conjunction with an edge or other module stack are getting P1093 codes which is related to the pressure relief valve opening up and dumping rail pressure. I'm positive this problem will apply to the 06's as well I was just curious if someone has pushed their 06 far enough to bump into this with the BullyDog or otherwise.

Off the subject....how does the older finger stick work on your 06?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts

BTW, they are nuts, not bolts. I used a box-end wrench (12mm) and got mine done. They are tight, but nothing more than a little added determination needed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The finger stick works great! No codes now!

On the 05 LLY's a lot of the guys with hot programs such as the PPE Hot + 2 used in conjunction with an edge or other module stack are getting P1093 codes which is related to the pressure relief valve opening up and dumping rail pressure. I'm positive this problem will apply to the 06's as well I was just curious if someone has pushed their 06 far enough to bump into this with the BullyDog or otherwise.

Off the subject....how does the older finger stick work on your 06?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts