Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I know this may sound funny,but I had to pull the trans out to get at the clutch fork pivot point ball.I popped a couple of clutch masters,and it made a noise when i pushed the clutch in.The shifter would not unscrew.I ended up popping the top cover off the trans to get it out.Now that it's out,could someone please tell me how to get the thing off.It just spins around the rubber inside of it.Also,where can I buy the pivot point that unscrews from the bell housing,I was also thinking of getting a new clutch fork,and probably a new shift lever.Any direction would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
OK, on mine, and hopefully yours too, that rubber base is covering a threaded tube this is supposed to be bonded to the stick. the whole shifter stick should be threaded onto the shift stub. it should also be jam nutted. my stick was also loose from the rubber base, so i separated them, lightly went around the bottom edge w/ a hammer to make the circle smaller, and then the rubber coated base i just coated w/ black RTV sillicone, since it needs air to dry, i left it light in a few areas, so air can get in.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine is an 03 is the same way jam nut started to come loose and whole stick was turning i have a rubber floor and i had screws that held a plastic ring which held down the rubber boot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.