Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my Predator set to 85 and I have a transgo JR installed. My shifts at WOT seem to flare a bit. The truck revs to like 3300 or 3400 and the shift doesnt seem quick. I have about 400 miles with a decent amount of shifting on this setup. I do not have a whole lot of WOT shifts on it though. Do I just need more learning?
ac

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Reset the taps and give it some time to learn. If you don't reset the taps it will learn eventually but it is always better to reset the taps.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I think there's more to this than the taps. To be honest I don't think this tranny is even close (in my truck) to my LB7s tranny. How does this work: LB7 with 90 hp. program never even thought of a flair. I buy a EVO and set on #1 and right off the bat the tranny is flairing to beat the band. I installed the Transgo jr. and this helped alot but it still comes back once and awhile and drives me nuts. This happens on setting no. 1 and 2. Believe it or not, I think it's much better on no 3 setting. Go figure.

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Shift flares can definately be tuning related as well.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wish it was easier to reset TAPS. That is a tech 2 function right?
ac

·
Registered
471 Posts
Max, I ran my truck today on #3 and once it got settled in , it shifted perfectly. I really think this is tuner related, I've thought this all along.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts