Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain to me in more detail ,What the Allison website is trying to tell us about the Shift Energy Management feature, What it is and how it works ? Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
basically its a function in the TCM that allows it to tell the ECM (over the data bus) to defuel during shifts. Less stress on the trans, smoother shifts, etc...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is that the feeling of slippage I feel,when it downshifts to pass and then it latches in and goes like crazzy,after maybe a half a second or do I have other problems?

·
Registered
892 Posts
autoace388;1590267; said:
Is that the feeling of slippage I feel,when it downshifts to pass and then it latches in and goes like crazzy,after maybe a half a second or do I have other problems?
That sounds like turbo lag in combination with a skip downshift.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for sounding stupid . Ive only had the truck for about 1500 miles worth of driving and just want to make sure Im not having a tranny problem. Thanks for the help so far

·
Registered
892 Posts
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

The Allison uses clutch-to-clutch technology which feels a little different than say a Hydramatic so you may still be getting use to it. However, if it feel excess than yes it should be checked out. If it's still under warranty a trip to the dealer may give you some peace of mind. You may also want to check out the Allison Transmission website, there's a lot of info there on this trans.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.