Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go to pick up my "BABY" today at lunch time:D:D, been by to visit her while she is being prepped. With the help of the resident Counselor/Shipping Guru (aka Howard), my truck arrived much sooner than expected!

Pictures to follow after getting some of my parts I have been stock piling on:bling:.

Still have to get my hitch installed, anybody in need of a good 16k 5th wheel hitch (including slider), I have one for sale in the "Sale" area. I'm looking at picking up a 18k Reese Signature Series.

·
Registered
31,525 Posts
Congrats :ro)

·
Registered
663 Posts
Awesome to hear bcruver. I just picked my baby up today. She got home exactly 5 weeks after ordering, thanks in part to Howard. I just can't get this stupid grin off of my face now. ):h

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow, same boat as I am in, mine is at the dealers, had the 5er put in, the liner being sprayed Monday, the flaps installed, and the bug deflector,, cant wait to pick it up!

Good luck with yours,,,

·
Registered
145 Posts
Barry, congrats. I have my mine for exactly a month now and put 2500 miles and no problemo. I just haul a 3000lbs of Pavers today and its awesome.
I will be purchasing the Pullrite 16K Superslide from your website soon. It is the best deal I've seen so far.

Virgil

·
Registered
235 Posts
Barry,

Congratulations.

I picked up my new 2500HD Duramax/Allison LBZ CC/SB LT-3 precisely one-month ago and I still have a grin on my face. Interestingly, every previous truck I've ever owned was a tremendous hassle to get outfitted....the new LBZ was not.

The Line-X place was across the street from the Chevy dealer and they had an super-rare instant opening (perfect job, by the way). My Fold-A-Cover tonneau (off the Z-71 that I traded-in) was installed by the dealer's body shop in a couple of hours and it was another absolutely perfect installation.

I'd expected to have a problem installing the Tekonsha Prodigy trailer brake controller and, when I called our trailer dealer, the guy told me, "Hey, we've just had a cancellation. If you have it here in fifteen minutes, we'll do it while you wait."

I'd had enough of the silly GM plastic mud flaps and went to a truck place for heavy-duty rubber ones. Again, they took me right in and I had MACHO mud flaps thirty minutes later. In total, it took about a week to outfit the new LBZ perfectly.

I'm still in shock; heck, the truck was perfect before DMV got the license plates to me!!!!!! And when the plates came, the last three numbers were "CHV" (as in Chevrolet, how COOL is that?)

From my experiences so far, I'm rapidly getting the feeling that my new rig is a "Good Luck Truck." It surely seems that way.

I sincerely hope that your "parts and pieces" fall in place as easily as mine did.

Again, my heartfelt congratulations on your new baby.

Steve

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody, put over 200 miles on it today. Out tooling around, looking at campgrounds in the Lancaster, PA area. Rides like a dream, very smooth and much quieter than my 2004.

Barry, congrats. I have my mine for exactly a month now and put 2500 miles and no problemo. I just haul a 3000lbs of Pavers today and its awesome.
I will be purchasing the Pullrite 16K Superslide from your website soon. It is the best deal I've seen so far.

Virgil
Virgil, you ordering from the RV Parts Center? Just keep on top of them. I placed my order for the Reese Signature series w/ rail kit and it was $701 with free delivery, by far the best price I could find so I placed the order. Then a few days go by and I send them an email just asking for the tracking info so I can be sure my wife is ready for it. Here they tell me it's backordered till the end of the month. So then they would ship after that. I'll need it long before then and if I would of known the item was in back order I would of looked else where. So I asked them to cancel my order and found hitchesonline.com which is a outfit not far from me. He gave me a better price ($668) for the hitch and rail kit. Of course I had to pick it up and pay PA sales tax. Total order came to $708 and he is located in Leola, PA which is right outside Lancaster, so I made a day of it driving around enjoying my truck :).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Barry,

Congratulations.

I picked up my new 2500HD Duramax/Allison LBZ CC/SB LT-3 precisely one-month ago and I still have a grin on my face. Interestingly, every previous truck I've ever owned was a tremendous hassle to get outfitted....the new LBZ was not.

The Line-X place was across the street from the Chevy dealer and they had an super-rare instant opening (perfect job, by the way). My Fold-A-Cover tonneau (off the Z-71 that I traded-in) was installed by the dealer's body shop in a couple of hours and it was another absolutely perfect installation.

I'd expected to have a problem installing the Tekonsha Prodigy trailer brake controller and, when I called our trailer dealer, the guy told me, "Hey, we've just had a cancellation. If you have it here in fifteen minutes, we'll do it while you wait."

I'd had enough of the silly GM plastic mud flaps and went to a truck place for heavy-duty rubber ones. Again, they took me right in and I had MACHO mud flaps thirty minutes later. In total, it took about a week to outfit the new LBZ perfectly.

I'm still in shock; heck, the truck was perfect before DMV got the license plates to me!!!!!! And when the plates came, the last three numbers were "CHV" (as in Chevrolet, how COOL is that?)

From my experiences so far, I'm rapidly getting the feeling that my new rig is a "Good Luck Truck." It surely seems that way.

I sincerely hope that your "parts and pieces" fall in place as easily as mine did.

Again, my heartfelt congratulations on your new baby.

Steve
Congrats on the new truck!! talk about falling into some lucky situations!! I plan on attempting to install my hitch next weekend after picking it up today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts