Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is cracked paint under warranty? or is it strictly pertaining to rust?

·
Registered
923 Posts
A friend of mine took his truck in for rust and was told that it is only covered if it rusts through. He ended up repainting the rockers on his own dime.

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
Under the 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty it should be unless it's the result of outside influences (like poor repair from accidental damage).

If you're asking about covering it under the 100,000 mile rust thru, no.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the clarification!

·
Registered
552 Posts
i would ask another dealer that question.when the e.p.a. made the paint rule that you can only paint with h.v.l.p.iirc high volume low pressure)
the manufacturers couldnt make the paint stick.remember all of the vehicles in the late 80'sand 90's with paint chunks flying off on the freeway,or when they got washed? i think they had to give a 5 year paint warranty. it might be worth checking into.my dad had a buisness and got 3 vans,2 s-10's,and 1 silverado done free.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Check to see if your truck had any dealer prep added options like a paint sealer. There is usually a warranty against paint fading, cracking, etc.. direct from the sealer supplier. Ask your dealer for the warranty info. This is not GM's warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts