Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was bored and since I called the trucking company saturday and asked if they could make my truck a priority and said they would i rolled the dice and took a chance. The 45 min drive was oh so worth it when i turned the corner and saw my baby (indigo blue dmax/allision ext cab short bed with tan leather). I am kinda bummed though as the option code b71 is colored wheel opening moldings and b85 is bright body side moldings (both are the ugly black textured crap) but the worst was I paid extra to have it painted indigo blue and the grille is black that pisses me off. I will have the dealer take care of these issues before I take del. I will pay to have the moldings painted but the grille will be on gms dime they should have done it right in the first place not half [email protected]@. I will have the plastic on the bumper, around the fog lights,tail gate handle and the piece on the tail gate painted blue as well. I already ordered the indigo blue door handles. after that and about 5k on the clock bring on the hp. I should pick it up this weekend provided they can get the paint work done.

To all board members thanks for making my long wait (14 wks) seem shorter

TO DR HOWARD thanks for sending the express stork (total ship time gm to dealer in NH 7 days.

Thank you with a smile from ear to ear

BrettEdited by: closs2sx

·
Registered
570 Posts
Congrats Brett!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Double that congrats! Hey Brett, if you would be so kind I would love to see some pics of the new truck from all differnt views and maybe some feesback on how you think the LLY engine feels! Thanks a lot! Enjoy!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks VOO hang in there mine took 14 wks and I havent even picked it up to enjoy it yet and I say its worth it (ordered 10/15/03)

MNkid I will take some pics tomorrow however it is a little dirty from being shipped. I will let you know on the lly as soon as I pick it up. I have driven my friends 03 with the lb7 exact same truck minus leather and center console so it will be a good comparison for yah. I might be able to get them to wash it quick no promises though.

·
Registered
224 Posts
When did you email Dr. Howard? I sent him an email with my info and haven't heard back from him yet. I already have the VIN but don't have any info about the shipping. Thank you and congrats.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Isn't the wait just a killer!!! I too am waiting impatiently since being ordered on 12/31/03 on the arrival of this truck.... Maybee I am just to imaptient lol. TPW 02/09/04

Dr Howard will work his magic........04 GMC D/A CC 4X4 POLO GREEN
I can see it in my mind now, I just need to drive it down the road for an hour or two.

closs2sx I to would be interested in the feel difference of power if it is noticeable with the lly compared to the lb7 ( probably not though ) any way enjoy the new ride, I am sure you will love it.

kkhamil23, Howard took a while to get back to me also, but he did.
I believe he is very busy between this site and others, be patient ( I know it's hard ) he will contact you.

I fell like a little kid waiting to open my christmass present. It can't be my turn quick enough. Best luck to all, FranEdited by: 04wanabemax

·
Registered
162 Posts

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Closs u should find something in the mailbox soon.

As for Howard he is on vacation in Florida (I think).

So who wants to get off the sunny warm beach to sit in front on a computer

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kkhami I emailed dr h many moons ago infact my truck had a tpw of 12/8/03 and was switched to 1/12/04> Right after the tpw I posted asking if anyone could tell me where my truck was as howard was out of town and the great doctor went above and beyond the call of duty and worked his magic from the beaches of FL.(Thanks again DR H). But here is what you can do since you have a vin. call chevy customer service at 1 866 952 4368 and ask them if it has been shipped yet and if it has ask them for the rail car number. Once you have the rail car # you can call csx automated tracing line at 1 800 235 2352 press option 1 and heres where it gets tricky. you will have to enter the rail car initials first then # mine was ttgx so you hit 81814192 where every other number is the letters and the numbers in between are wheter that letter is the first second or third letter of that key so 8 is for t and the 1 is becuase its the 1st letter ont the key. if you get lost you can call back and this is an option for them to explain this to you. once you have the initials entered you hit #and it will ask you for the # mine was 159091 then you hit ## and it will tell you where she is. Once it gets to your local rail head you can find the nearest one at csx.com you can then go ahead and call swift trucking to see when they will bring it to dealer (red flag it).

Dmax thanks again I will pick it up sat so timing is perfecto

·
Registered
371 Posts
Closs2sx

I just called GM Customer Service and spoke to a very nice woman by the name of Jan. She looked in the computer and found that my truck had been inspected on 01-21-04
. However without a ref no she could not tell me anything else.
I'm gonna Email my dealer for it and see waht happens. I'll keep ya posted.

AS for D. Howard I had heard from him last week bu I'll bet he's enjoying the sun too much to come in amd play with the computer.

I don't blame him a bit.

Tim

·
Registered
570 Posts
closs2sx,

Thanks for the info, I'm going to give it a try as soon as I get my VIN on Weds. from my dealer.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Closs2sx,

I used your suggestions and it worked perfectly. My truck is sitting in Fairfax, Kansas awaiting to be hauled to my dealer in Missouri. Do you have a number for Swift trucking?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Well I tried it and it worked to a point! Mine is not going via rail but by truck. All GM could tell me is that it left yesterday and is on the way. She wasn't sure if it had to pick up or drop off anything though. Hopefully the truck is already loaded with only my dealership's orders. Then it will be here in no time!

Looks like a long weekend.
That's ok what's a few more days...I'm getting my truck soon!!!! Oh the pain is almost over!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts