Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy let me borrow his 90hp EZ-Amp for a while, I had some fun playing with it today.. I noticed that when you get on it, after a second or two the engine starts to emit a different sound that I've never noticed before. Is that normal? I didn't notice it in my buddy's truck, but he's got the stock intake and exhaust so it's pretty quiet. I was watching my RPM's and speed, there was no clutch slippage, so that wasn't what it was.

It's hard to describe the sound, might have been the intake sucking extra hard but it didn't really sound like the intake noise that I'm used to hearing. Might be that pilot injection shutting off, but it wasn't only happening at 2800+rpm's, it was starting much much lower than that.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After re-reading that, it was pretty vague, figures why nobody answered.. The sound is a rumble coming from the engine, I'd never heard it before I plugged in the juice.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Cam,

When i first plugged in my juice it made the engine sound more like a gasser in the higher rpms. It seems to turn the piliot injection off sometimes a little early.... I had never heard that stuff before, but I had been babying it...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts