Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to remove the 2500/Bow Ties badges from my 06. How do you get them off without damaging the clear coat? I was also wondering if I wanted to relocate the DuraMax logo what do you use for adheisive that wont fall off? Can you buy the 2 way sticky like the factory uses at a body shop supply store or? My truck is Greystone (dark grey matalic) in color and about 6 months old, is it possibly that the color could fade that fast in Arizona? I don't want to take these off and have a color diffence where you can see where they use to be............

·
Registered
272 Posts
get a hair dryer out and get them hot. Peel up by hand and remove adhesive with adhesive remover. to re-adhere the d-max emblem just go to the local auto shop and buy double sided sticky tape and trim the edges, clean the surface with adhesive/tar remover and stick it!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just pulled mine off by hand with no hairdryer or anything. Most of them came off clean, but some did leave adhesive. I just used my wifes nail polish remover but on a little bit, and it looks clean, can never even tell it had badges. I wouldn't worry about the clear coat though, I didn't. check out my garage. I wanted to leave my Dmax emblem but after taking off all the rest of them, it just looks weird, I didn't like it at all. But whatever works for you. late Jordan

·
Registered
426 Posts
Fishing line with gloves on will cut through the adhesive and keep the emblems intact. Get some 3M double side tape to reattach them. A good hardware store or auto paint supply will have the tape. Since all your emblems are on the side of the truck and not on top, there shouldnt be any fade. Use your fingers to roll the old adhesive off. It will work better if its warm instead of cold.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts