Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else have the problem of shakey glass in your side mirrors. my driver side is fine but the passenger shakes so much you cant really see outta it at highway speeds. had it at the dealer they said it was the motor in it for the power adjuster. they had to order in a new one. so it got installed and its even worse. anyone else dealin with this crap right now to?

·
Registered
300 Posts
yea both of mine shake passenger being the worst. I have thought about sticking a little piece of rubber in there to tigh'n her up.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I put a few lead strips on the back side to stop the shake like a counter balance.It seemed to work a bit better ,not no where as much shake.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My passenger side mirror shook like crazy when I got my truck. Went to the dealer and they ended up ordering new parts for it. Said it must have gotten broken on the install. Your mirrors should not shake. If both were shaking I might have just figured it was the way they were but being as one was good I had something to compare it to.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yah ill get used to it once its off warrenty in 5 years but till then i want it fixed perfectly. lol

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
my passenger mirror does..., Had them order me a new one and it shakes just as bad as my 1st one... I can wiggle the glass with my finger and see why its so bad at 60... Driver's side tight as can be...

·
Registered
596 Posts
My passenger side one shakes/vibrates pretty good at 70+. The driver's side one wobbles a touch too. As long as they don't fall off, I guess I can deal with it, but I will try that lead idea out... thanks!

·
Registered
483 Posts
YZ250B;1565229; said:
yea both of mine shake passenger being the worst. I have thought about sticking a little piece of rubber in there to tigh'n her up.
:exactly: .......what I did....no more shakes!!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Rosey;1566157; said:
:exactly: .......what I did....no more shakes!!

Same here, A couple of pieces of 3M tape between the posts and mirror stopped mine from shaking. Just tilt them forward and shim them up by stuffing some 3M tape in the space with a fine screw driver. It will solve the problem.;)

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
brntblock;1566856; said:
Same here, A couple of pieces of 3M tape between the posts and mirror stopped mine from shaking. Just tilt them forward and shim them up by stuffing some 3M tape in the space with a fine screw driver. It will solve the problem.;)
:nopics:

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
yeah I am clueless as to getting behind the glass to adjust or place anything? how is it done?

·
Registered
284 Posts
My driver's side mirror has the noted shake. I ahve not done anything with it but need to it drives me nuts. I will ahve to look at it this weekend and see how to "shim" it up on the backside.

Steve

·
Registered
479 Posts
My drivers side is great, but the pass side mirror - the large glass, not the small convex piece, is the one that shakes.

I took it to the dealer and they replaced the entire mirror assembly and the new one shakes almost as bad as the original!! that's a huge bummer. I'm going to look into my own "fix" for it in the near future.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Guys make sure the mirror head is locked in.I had the same thing happen to me and i went crazy.Then my son noticed the mirror head was not locked into the lock position this caused the mirror to shake.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Seems like my passenger side mirror does it more when it is adjusted out to the right. Drivers said does not move much.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I wonder if different production runs had some problems because it seems to be a hit or miss problem. I ordered mine from Partszoneonline.com and mine dont shake at all. But that is what I expected. I would be very upset if they shook. There must be something not assembled correctly on the shakey ones.

·
Registered
4,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DAN DIESELMM;1569882; said:
Guys make sure the mirror head is locked in.I had the same thing happen to me and i went crazy.Then my son noticed the mirror head was not locked into the lock position this caused the mirror to shake.
how do you "lock in" your mirror head

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
my passenger side does the same thing...

·
Registered
143 Posts
varty yo;1570078; said:
how do you "lock in" your mirror head

Mine lock into position not the mirror glass the ENTIRE HEAD has a position that it locks into place. When you fold the mirror in whether manually or electrically it has a positon that is considered LOCKED when you put it back into place.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts