Diesel Place banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone even know about the feature that allows the RDS in the gm radio's to transfer oragnized time over the RDS. If you hold the MIN and HR buttons together and the station your on had RDS with time your radion will sync with it....

I love this truck!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
How do you know if it has RDS? I held them together and it said "No Update" guess I need to try it on a few more stations.

·
Registered
156 Posts
are RDS stations the ones you get a display indicating the name of the song and artist?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right, but not all stations have the clock feature...

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
None of the ones in my area have the time feature nor the traffic reports.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look closely between the HR and MIN buttons....if it says "auto" you have that feature...

·
Registered
233 Posts
This is great information for those of us who don't read every part of the owner's manual. Thanks!

·
Registered
162 Posts
KTDURAMAX said:
Look closely between the HR and MIN buttons....if it says "auto" you have that feature...

It says "update" on the chevy.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It says that on mine also but then it comes back saying "No Update"...Does anyone know of a XM station that allows updates?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
silvermax said:
It says that on mine also but then it comes back saying "No Update"...Does anyone know of a XM station that allows updates?

Would it even work on XM?

How would your truck know which time zone it's in?

I just went out and ran the scan function across all the available FM and AM stations in this area and found no update...

Maybe they are just in the bigger Metropolitan areas?

·
Registered
156 Posts
93.1 FM in South FLA has the time feature

·
Registered
1 Posts
Zeeb said:
silvermax said:

Satellite TriangulationEdited by: radar

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
radar said:
Zeeb said:
silvermax said:

Satellite Triangulation

That's assuming tie in with the GPS function of the OnStar system. So it wouldn't work at all with vehicles which don't have OnStar.

I didn't say it wasn't possible, but it's highly unlikely that the interface between the two systems exists, IMHO...

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
I agree with Zeeb. It is possible but not likely. The possibility is also there to do it through the cellular system of onstar but again, they likely wouldn't take that approach. And yet another option would be to pick up atomic time from the Institute of Standards and Technology. But alas, GM relies on FM RDS only.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts