Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving real easy not on it or anything and my SES light came on. Then my tranny got all the way to 250 degrees while driving easy on the freeway. I havn't checked the code yet, just wondering if anyone had any idea. fluid level is good by the way. Help please.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike L.;1593907; said:
Change your spin on and cut the old one open.
I just changed my spin on 1000 miles ago.
Now I just took my truck out for a drive and it won't go it slips real bad and won't get up to speed at all!!! I can't even get up my driveway into my garage!

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Pull the pan and tell me what you see in the bottom. Take a picture and send it to me. I would cut the sump filter open and see what's inside. The paper element better be white. Call me.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike L.;1596041; said:
Pull the pan and tell me what you see in the bottom. Take a picture and send it to me. I would cut the sump filter open and see what's inside. The paper element better be white. Call me.
Thanks! I will do that. The guy who did my tranny siad it was the trim solonoids but why would it heat up if those were bad? DO those ever go out.

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
righteyeblind;1599631; said:
Thanks! I will do that. The guy who did my tranny siad it was the trim solonoids but why would it heat up if those were bad? DO those ever go out.
Trim solenoid cannot cause overheating. A bad converter can.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well they replaced both trim solonoids and the tourqe convertor solonoid and it drove fine on the way home. Woke up the next morning and the truck wouldn't go! No reverse, drive, nothing! SO I called him had it towed down there and he is still convinced it is something electrical. I don't know what to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts