Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so thrusday my truck is going in for some warranty work. along w/that its going to be looked at for the low speed "clunk" in the steering, highway speed vibration, and squeaky serpetine belt or idler while runnin and shutoff...
Anyways, im pondering over the thought if i should share some of mine/TDP/outsiders views on what might be causing the vibration, and mentioning the TSB on the clunk. This is the first vechile where ive ever had warranty, and had work down at a dealer. I mean i dont want to step on any toes or piss em off like im a know it all. But i figrue if i mention some ideas, id be less likly to get arun around, as theyd figure i know something...
Here are the options im pondering....
A.) Dont bother mentioning your views. Not that they dont care, but there techs, its what they do, theyll figure it out.
B.) No harm telling them what you think. Might help narrow down some cause and cut the work time, and truck is done quicker....

C.) Play it by ear. If they seem open and interested in listening, let them know.
Thoughts...???-Adam

·
Registered
537 Posts
<DIV>Communication...</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Yes! Do your homework and be as specific as possible. I would encourage you to know or learn as much as you can about cars in general and your vehicle specifically. </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Look 'em in the eyes and let them know that you know what you are talking about and that whatever the problem is (granted that it's a REAL problem) is unacceptable. You don't need to be a jerk to be a straight shooter. </DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>If they can't take it maybe they don't shoot from the hip either. I'd take my vehicle somewhere else.</DIV>
<DIV> </DIV>
<DIV>Yeah, and a good firm handshake and a look in the eye is something I look for in all business relationships. We don't get much past first base, if they are gutless sissies! </DIV>

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
I gotta go with T-rex. Take the tech for a ride if possible and make sure he knows exactly what your talking about so you dont get the dreaded "could not produce"

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, ive been reading throw my manual(its huge) and found a couple of old work orders from previsous owner, and there were 3 or 4 "could not duplicate". Different dealer, and currently different problems, but hopin fer the ebst..will let you know how i make out...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts