Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SES light came on steady this afternoon as I was leaving the auto parts store with the required engine oil for the 60k mile drain and refill that was to follow when I got home.

The light came on as the odometer flipped to 60k. Do any of you techs out there know of an engineered connection between the SES light and the 60k odometer?

Thanks

ponz

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have the same setup as you...2001 D/A etc..and i am at 62ooo.

So what I am saying,not that anything isn't wrong, but is it did not come on for me exactly at 60k.

Would be the change oil lite would it??

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The diognosis from the chevy tech says that the transmission computer can't talk to the transmission computer, so he ordered me a new trans. comp.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Mine did it .... It was injectors and a glow plug.

I don't think it happened solely because it was at 60,000 miles... but the odometer was at 6001x.....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Mine did it last week and it ended up being an injection pump.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
the ponz said:
The diognosis from the chevy tech says that the transmission computer can't talk to the transmission computer, so he ordered me a new trans. comp.
Now you have me confused. Did he pull codes out of the trans? Or just he p0700 in the PCM? Unlikely that he TCM has failed. And if it did, its your $$ cause the TCM is not covered under the 100k/5yr warr. Its just 3/36

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Have the dealer update the ECM and TCM programming first. Chances are it was just a communication error...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When the ses light first illuminated, the dealer reprogramed the tcm. I am unsure if the ecm was updated then as well. Two weeks later, the ses light illuminated again. The dealer said the tcm was unable to comminicate back to the ecm. The ecm was sending information and instructions to the tcm; the tcm was performing as it should, but what was described to me as "a back channel" commo link from the tcm to the ecm was not functioning. So he ordered a new tcm. The new tcm has arrived at the dealer, I have not yet had the opportunity to take the truck over to have the new unit installed. Since the second trip to the dealer, (just over two weeks ago), the ses light has remained mostly off. I have seen on only twice since then.

I was told this was coverd under the warrenty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts