Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wtf: causes that, I only have 35,000miles on.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
there's a tsb out there that claims youll get the message upon startup due to the amt of electrical power needed to start your truck, thus causing lack of power going to the brake module and making it think theres no power and not working correctly...
Ive gotten this message several times in the past, taken it to the dealer while it was on to chcek for codes, but got nothing... While i find the explanation kinda weak, everytime its done it my brakes have worked fine so i guess its possible..

·
Registered
12 Posts
My first 03 D/A had same problem. Mine would do it when i would leave it running and then when i get back in about 30 minutes later. I took it to my dealer and he said that it was a fairly common problem, but they didnt have a answer for it then. Never had any problems though.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I check for codes, there were non, i got to go to the dealer anyway, so we will see what BS comes out of it.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I got the same message this morning. First time I have seen that on my truck. And, like you, i have a little over 30,000 miles. brakes seemed to work ok tho. I will just add this to the ever growing list for the dealer trip befor the waranty goes out.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Come to find out its because I was loosing brake fluid, not alot but enough. It's comming from all four capilers where my Russel Stainless Steel Braided Brake lines go into the caliper. WTF, Dealer going to change the o-ring/washer to see if that fixes them, I'v had the brake lines on for about 5 months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts