Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had "Service Brake System" show up on dash and the emergency brake light and the ABS light lit up. Checked the master cylinder and found no problem and fluid was fine with no leaks. Started the vehicle back up to leave rest stop and warning and lights were gone.:confuzeldAnybody else have this happen and how did you remedy the problem. I am currently towing a 5th wheel while touring Northwest if that has anything to do with it. Thanks
Kevin

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
Moved to proper area. :thumb:

·
Registered
938 Posts
I had a similar situation, only mine had a CEL as well. Pulled the code, and it was C0201, ABS Enable Relay Contact Circuit. Did some searching on this knowledgeable site, and found out that it was most likely the ground from the ABS module mounted on the frame under the driver's side door. When I got time to check it out a few days later, the ABS light had cleared. Didn't mess with it after that. Hoping it stays that way.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I had this problem, "Service Brake System", with the ABS and Parking brake warning lights on intermittently [sometimes it would be days or weeks between occurrences, sometimes it would happen multiple ignition cycles (turning key off/on) in a row]. No codes, even in the ABS system (I have a code reader that can access more than just the basic engine codes).

For me, cleaning & putting dielectric grease on the ground terminals on the frame under the drivers door seems to have helped, but not eliminated the problem, as it still happens every once in awhile [now I would say less than once a month].

From that link, would the 'brake control module' really be the BCM, which I believe is right by the steering column? I could take the connectors out and check/clean them...

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
BCM is the Body Control Module under the dash
EBCM is the Electronic Brake Control Module and that's in the engine compartment near the fuses

1 - 6 of 6 Posts