Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My service 4x4 light in the DIC comes on periodicaly upon start up for a few seconds then goes out. I did a search in the other place and found some other people had the same problem and I belive their is suposed to be a tsb on this issue. I think it says something about a reflash and replacing a part, don't remember which one though. I just turned 38,400 on my truck and was wondering if you think this might be able to still be covered under warenty or am I out of luck?

01 Dmax Al 2500.

Jay

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
Transfer case accuator is typically the culprit.

" Encoder Motor Position Sensor " The error code stored in the A.T.C. was " Scanned Data - C0327 Faulty Encoder Position Sensor "

Device controls the transfer case in trucks with the push buttons. There is also a Service Bulletin for this # 02-04-21-006B

Jay.... not sure if this TSB includes 01 trucks. I also read sometimes the button assy goes bad.
TSBEdited by: hoot

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hoot.. The TSB you gave the link for isn't the one relating to my problem. 4wd works fine, I just get the message after start up and it is only for a few seconds and it only happens 1 out of maybe 8-10 start ups. I wonder if bulletin ## 02-04-21-006B is the right one?

·
Registered
772 Posts
My "Service 4wd" light came on, too, but mine would not engage at all. I took it in for service with the TSB in hand and they fixed it, but cautioned that Gm still has not figured out a complete fix for the problem and it might come back. They also killed the gremlin that was causing an intermittent problem with my remote door locks and occasionally paralyzing my passenger window lift. Everything seems fine, now. Hope they figure out your problem.

TC

·
Registered
276 Posts
PoolRebel said:
My service 4x4 light in the DIC comes on periodicaly upon start up for a few seconds then goes out. I did a search in the other place and found some other people had the same problem and I belive their is suposed to be a tsb on this issue...

I had that same problem with my truck when I first got it, but I haven't had it lately. My dealer told me that sometimes when the voltage drops below 12Vs the computer gets confused and it displays that message. I haven't had any problems with mine, so I haven't really worried about it. It's been a long time since mine's done it...

cadman_ks

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
poolrebel

Maybe batteries? Those things are junk. I think my second one is leaking. Also consider the plow uses a lot of juice. Coincidence?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got back from the dealer. They found the 4x4 selector switch is bad. luckly they are going to cover it under warranty. What burns my butt is they also found the code for my prindel (NSBU) switch when it went bad and hit me with a $42 charge for resetting it.

Thanks for all the help.

Jay

·
Banned
6,541 Posts
PoolRebel said:
Just got back from the dealer. They found the 4x4 selector switch is bad. luckly they are going to cover it under warranty. What burns my butt is they also found the code for my prindel (NSBU) switch when it went bad and hit me with a $42 charge for resetting it.

Thanks for all the help.

Jay
You what? Didn't they have to have the Tech II connected anyway? Do not pay for anything you didn't ask them to do.

I guess since they took care of you on one end there isn't much you can do though.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Them covering the switch was the only reason I didn't complain. the switch is $111.00 plus labor so $42 wasn't a bad compromise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts