Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my truck to the dealer many times about this message on the DIC. I have heard about the EPROD, bad switch and bad ground on more than one occasion. It only comes on when I travel with my fifth wheel camper attached after about 75 to 100 miles. Total weight of truck and trailer averages 16,800 lbs. Would be very much appreciated if you can relay knowledge about this problem. Truck now has 19,700 miles.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Have you had any repair attempts made yet? So far, 99% of them have been fixed by replacing the sensor in the encoder as outlined in the tsb that I posted in the TSB section. It dont make sense on the load thing. maybe coincedence.... Should be a code(s) stored in ATC module.. co357 is most likely

Eric

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, I have a copy of the TSB and will be returning the truck to the dealer next week. It has only been two weeks since it was there for the same reason. For the amount of time that they keep the truck, it doesn't seem like they are doing the work in the TSB. A little history, it has been looked at in San Antonio, TX, Daytona Beach, FL, Montrose, CO and Kansas City, MO. My dealer has seen the truck 9 times since Feb 2003 for various reasons. Love the truck, it does what it is supposed to do. Don't like the amount of time I spend having it repaired.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts