Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My DIC has recently started showing service 4wd, and then I cant seem to switch the transfer case, the 2wd button light flickers. My last truck(2000) had a bad switch , could a 2006 also have bad selector switches, and if so would anyone have a part # or know where I can order one from?
Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
please help

someone must know...please

·
Diesel Master, Formerly goth2o
5,510 Posts
I'm guessing that it's the dash selector switch too. That's exactly what mine did on my '99 z-71. Sometimes if I pushed it hard enough it would work. It was common with the 99-02's but I'm not sure about newer ones. That has to be it. It's a dealer item only and I think mine was around $50. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
245 Posts
I just had to have the actuator replaced in my 06 at 12,000 miles. It was doing the same thing as yours!! I would guess it is more than the switch!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
switch or ?

I am still under warrenty 11,600 miles, but hate the hassel of going to the dealer if I can fix it myself inexpensively. Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
switch or actuator

what do you guys think...switch or actuator, and does anyone know the part # for the switch?

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I also replaced a couple of switchs on some half-ton Z71's we had. It fixed both..As your problems, I would just take it to the dealer. Your still under warrenty..:)

·
Registered
138 Posts
i have a problem where i hit 4x4 on my 06 but it just flashes you can hear it under the truck shifting but not go in is there gears in here? mayb striped?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts