Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, been over 2 years and nearly 77,000 miles so I thought that I should swap out my serpentine belt before heading to Florida in a couple of weeks. Thought that a "Gatorback" would be a good choice. Unable to find one online, was told that Autozone is the "hot ticket." Well, not in Sandusky Ohio! Called them up, asked for a belt for my 2001 Silverado Duramax 6.6 48 state truck with single alternator. Got a "huh?" "Sorry I got no number - bring in the old one and we'll try and match it." Old one is ON THE TRUCK, my only vehicle!
Anybody got a Gatorback number for the 48 state 2001 with single alternator? Thanks!

·
Registered
514 Posts
If you've got the 140 amp alt then the number 4061115 should be it according to some old posts from another site. 4061112 is 5mm shorter and may work for the 105 amp.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=740>
<T>
<TR>
<TD>
</TD>
<TD>
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width=735 bgColor=#ffffff border=1>
<T>
<TR>
<TD bgColor=#cccccc colSpan=4>Replacement Products for CHEVROLET SILVERADO PICKUP - 2001 6.6L V 8 DURAMAX DIESEL Eng</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=bottom align=middle>Part No.</TD>
<TD vAlign=bottom align=middle>Applications Usage</TD>
<TD vAlign=bottom align=middle>Metric Part No.</TD>
<TD vAlign=bottom align=middle>Replace By</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top align=left colSpan=4>Poly-V Belts</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD align=left>4061112</TD>
<TD align=left>Poly-V (105A Alt)</TD>
<TD align=left>6PK2825</TD>
<TD align=left> </TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top align=left colSpan=4>Tensioners</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD align=left>49269</TD>
<TD align=left>Accu-DRIVE Tensioner</TD>
<TD align=left> </TD>
<TR>
<TD vAlign=top align=left colSpan=4>Idler/Tens Pulley</TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD align=left>49006</TD>
<TD align=left>Tensioner Pulley</TD>
<TD align=left> </TD>
<TR>
<TD align=left>49021</TD>
<TD align=left>Idler Pulley</TD>
<TD align=left> </TD>
<TD align=left> </TD></TR></T></TABLE></TD></TR></T></TABLE>Edited by: Hound

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Hound! I just wanted to renew the belt as a "feel good" item before hitting the road.

Just got through "searching" my RPO codes to determine the Alternator size (I have the 105 amp - K68). Finally found the correct belt on a part number search on the Autozone web page and since the local dealer had to order I went ahead and ordered online - 34.99 for a lot of peace of mind!

Thanks again for the info, Hound!
Edited by: Idle_Chatter

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, got my Gatorback 4061112 belt by Fedex Monday and just popped it on last night. 15 minute job and some great peace-of-mind with a long Florida run coming up dragging my little box trailer. Thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
514 Posts
You're quite welcome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts