Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Was going out to see a movie and truck began to loose power, stalled, restarted and would only rev to about 1500 RPMs.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Clogged Fuel filter? Air leak in fuel system?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im sorry i have no idea, it appears that even my computer is acting all wieerd, sorry about posting like 5 times. But anyways, it set a P0087, P1093, and Nd152 codes what the heck is going on. its 13 degrees out today but i put plenty of anti gel intoday:help2:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Possibly PMD issue.

Mark

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
your ficm is going out. get it replaced by the dealer. my truck had the same codes 3 times until they replaced the ficm

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So its not the fuel filters? Or Gelled Fuel?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Fuel Injection Control Module? Ive got a Banks Six Gun all in there, and the A-Pillar Guages that go along with it all wired in.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a note, it was only about 13 degrees out. At first I thought that my fuel was begenning to get so I put in some Power Service Diesel 911, My truck had exibhited one symptom of its problem about 5 hours before, came back started it and i thought it sounded a little strange. Drove fine for about 3 miles and it started getting really bad.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took it out this morning drove to the gas station and back, somewhat normally. Condition seems to start out feeling like a sluggish shift.

Would it be wise to start by replacing the fuel filters, then driving some, then if the problem persists take a look at the FICM?

Also, if my dealer decides to be gay. How much will the fix cost me.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just pull the banks when you take it in to the dealer and you won't have any problems (you can leave the guages).

·
Registered
192 Posts
Took it out this morning drove to the gas station and back, somewhat normally. Condition seems to start out feeling like a sluggish shift.

Would it be wise to start by replacing the fuel filters, then driving some, then if the problem persists take a look at the FICM?

Also, if my dealer decides to be gay. How much will the fix cost me.
I dont know how much it would cost my truck was under warranty at the time make sure you truck is warmed up to opperating temp

·
Registered
192 Posts
if the truck is out of warranty dont worry about pulling out the banks system

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I replaced both fuel filters this morning. Truck seems to be back at normal, i even turned up my six gun all the way and got that fimilar cloud of black smoke. I think everything is well as of now, however just to be sure i chopped open both fuel filters and they arent all that black. The CAT filter is a solid dark brown, and the media on the engine filter has many white spots of clean on it.

·
Bac To The Future
23,029 Posts
Maybe it was just a blob of crud that dissipated. Whatever it was, glad to see you got it running again.

·
Registered
192 Posts
just watch it for a while it might come back but good luck with it going so far:cool2:

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
250 miles with new filters and I am happy to say that all is well as of now. Thank God, this truck has scared me a few times but everytime it seems to work out okay. Can someone post a pic of a dirty Nicktane(CAT) Filter, and a really dirty Engine Fuel Filter, Plus when did the engine filter become an inch longer? Longer life/more efficient i presume? How long is a CAT supposed to go.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
BTW I mean the CAT Filter, not a catalic converter i dont know how that happened.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts