Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys my old 1997 K3500 hasn’t been used in awhile. I went out to crank it and it was dead. Open the hood to find a rat had chewed a good many wires. I have repaired everything I have seen, but there is a set I can’t figure out. There appears to be three wires going down thru a heat shield on the passenger side exhaust manifold. I know the purple wire goes to the starter solenoid. The other two I’m lost on which one is which. They apparently shorted and burned when I tried to crank it. From what I can tell one appears to split into two wires that connect to sensors under the exhaust manifold. The other goes to a sensor on the side of the block up higher behind the Exhaust manifold. Could anyone give me some guidance on if I am correct on my assumption that the one bigger wire splits? Also on the top of the intake I believe is the intake air temp sensor. Anyone have a part number for the pigtail that plugs into it and where I may could find a replacement? Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
19,948 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
(y)

·
Registered
219 Posts
I would guess the other 2 wires are glow plug wires. Do you have a picture that you can post?

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
Welcome.

Reactions: OkDually
1 - 5 of 5 Posts