Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Must be a full moon here in the STL. Starting to see the vehicular weirdoes out and about. I snapped the pic of the truck/trailer last night going home, and the dually, 1/4 body van thing this morning going in.

I wonder what I will see tonight?

Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
945 Posts
I wonder how many people have snapped a pic of that van dually thing? Is that even legal? I mean, it's missing a passenger side mirror! :hehe:

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
Where is D.O.T. when you need them

·
Registered
5,803 Posts
I like the van. Got to wonder what the story is there. As I was typing with various theories I figured it out. Its a bus. Passenger door is missing because that is where the swinging door and steps go. Roof is missing because it gets a high top sort of thing.

That trailer is odd too. Guy must have had a golf cart laying around with good tires on it or at least less bad ones than what was on there.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
Where is D.O.T. when you need them
What here would the DOT concern themselves with? Truck and trailer might be commercial.

The van might be someone taking a shot at JoshH's record in the Dumpster drag racing. That's some serious weight reduction.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
Back many years ago when my dad sold International Harvester trucks we had a school bus builder in town and they had a chassis that had been sent to us for repairs and I had to drive it back to them the "seat" was a 1 X 4 sitting on top of a 4 X 4 strapped (metal binding) to the frame for a windshield I got a piece of plastic held up by 1 X 1's !!! It was fun while it lasted!! January in Arkansas I know not cold like up north but this is 1970 so no good clothes and I was all of 14.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.