Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right guys I need some ideas here. My truck has been doing this for a year. About once a month I jump in my truck and it won't start and the security lock symbol in the dash is the only thing that shows. I've taken it to multiple dealerships and they can't help because the scan tool shows no trouble codes. This is really frustrating because I don't dare shut my truck off cause I never know when it will not start. There's no rhyme or reason to when it does this. Hopefully someone has had this and can point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Have to replace the lock cylinder assy which has the pickup for the rotation signal sent to the anti-theft module... Sounds like its getting worn or weak and not giving a positive signal to the module... After you do the replacement you have to go through a sequence to reprogram the anti-theft system... Did this once before on a 2004 gasser 1 ton and it did the trick... The dealer has the procedure they can print out for you and buy the part there as well of course...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks I appreciate the help. I was hoping someone had this happen so they could point me in the right direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts