Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be purchasing a new Dmax truck at the beginning of next year - have a question for those in the know... I have heard that it's wise to have additional fuel filtration - so my question is if I add a pre-OEM filter, like the nicktane product, will that end up voiding the vehicle warranty?

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
Depends on what breaks and what dealer you deal with.

·
Registered
490 Posts
My feeling is, the advantages of having the pre OEM filter outweigh the possibility of having a warranty claim with the fuel system in the first place. The last 4 GM trucks I have owned, I have had one warranty claim on the engine, and that was a 1990 GMC with a 305 V8 that blew a head gasket. GM products have been good to me over the years. I am not going to sweat it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
rod97301

I talked to my dealer about that they said go for it all it can do is help but I have heard other dealers say different check with your dealer.

Shaydog

·
Registered
6,063 Posts
i agree- check w/ your dealer. FWIW so far 4 dealers have contacted me about installing kits for customers. maybe you'll get lucky and find a dealer with a similar opinion!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Checked with the service manager at my dealership prior to adding a Mega filter (post OEM) on my truck .... he was all for it and told me he couldn't imagine GM trying to convince a jury that burning cleaner fuel was bad for an engine

Jim

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
My service writer was cool about it also....... But, I hope a fuel pump does not go and they try to blame it on the extra filter..... But those are the cards im playing...

·
Registered
157 Posts
I live close to Eric, so I have no worries!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Any things possible. I am just going to turn eric loose on mine in December. The warranty stuff is always a potential problem. So is the K&N Filter, The Amsoil dual bi pass I am thinking about and then theres the chips, and guages, straight pipes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts