Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any seattle fans that get together and talk dmax?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I could be in on this!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im a bit surprised that Seattle doesnt have something like Portland. It would fun to get a solid group of Dmax fans together.
GO HAWKS!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, spread the word!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah, all the local diesel cruises I would go to usually just had a couple of us Dmaxs, then loads of strokes. Probably why I haven't gone to any in a long time.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im half way through a head gasket job. Anybody else have the pleasure of doing this?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Duramax projects

Anybody have a Duramax project going or starting soon?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I've got one that has been going on for a couple years, but this dam weather doesn't help nor getting others to help out. The project is a LB7/Allison combo into an 81 class A motorhome.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got one that has been going on for a couple years, but this dam weather doesn't help nor getting others to help out. The project is a LB7/Allison combo into an 81 class A motorhome.
sounds interesting, how far along are you? other than weather what has been the biggest challenge?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Biggest challenge is getting motivated and others to help when another set of hands are needed. The engine and trans are all bolted in. What is left is relocating the fuel filter, some wiring, changing out the "gas" pedal, figuring out the mounting and tubing for the intercooler, locating and plumbing the trans cooler and other odds and ends.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you have any pictures? Are you doing all the wiring yourself?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I have some pictures on my website Future Nightmares
I bought a stock harness and found someone sort of local that modifies them and had him do the modifications for me.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have some pictures on my website Future Nightmares
I bought a stock harness and found someone sort of local that modifies them and had him do the modifications for me.
Nice work! I am going to plagiarizer "future nightmares". That's the kind of luck I have when I tear into something.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
new Head gasket going in this weekend, Its going to be so much fun!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Nice looking and clean.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19