Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running seat covers in their truck and what kind? I have nice grey leather and would like to keep them that way.

Please post some pics. Thanks

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
I am using Hatchie Bottom Camo ( mossy oak ) seat covers from cabela's. They are custom fit and ive had them for 2 years and love em. I kept them from my old truck, i have light grey leather also, and the SEAT WARMER works great with the covers on BTW.:D

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
my wet okole seat covers just came in a few hours ago and will be installing them soon. ill take pics and start a new thread once i have them on. ill send a link your way wen its up

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I did seat covers in one truck. I'd never do it again. I told myself I'd take them off to go here or there, and I never did. The covers just got wear and tear...

I think you are better off getting a good leather cleaner and conditioner and clean them up every couple weeks, or at least once a month. They will wear good, stay clean, and you get to use the leather you paid for everyday. Or cloth, even. My trucks are all cloth, and I just steam clean them once a month, and they look like new.

Oh, and I do get dirty. Much of the time, my work truck looks like a gravel pit inside.

Spend the money on something else.

That's my $0.02

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yep...Keep your leather clean and conditioned. Try not to slide in and out on your left butt cheek. Step in and out if you have nerf bars. The first wear will be at the bottom where you slide in and out of the truck.

If you put on seat covers and do not keep the leather seat conditioned, you might as well not have them as the leather will still crack when it gets dry. Most people leave the seat covers on, over the leather and never condition the leather...That is bad.

If I had cloth, I would use one of the seat covers above. The Hatchie's are excellent. You get what you pay for in this case.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Seat covers make me think of my parents. When I was young, they spent a fortune on a beautiful living room couch and chairs. Covered them with sheets. Uncovered only on very special occasions. Sold it about 10 years later. They hardly ever got to see it or enjoy it, but they kept it in perfect condition for the next guy (who bought it for next to nothing).

·
Registered
7,148 Posts
Always enjoyed the new seats with the new vehicle. If it is kept long enough for the seats to wear out, then I'll cover them. Sure don't want the next owner bragging about the "new seats". Keep your leather conditioned and it will stick with you for a long time. May get a little worn looking but so does the truck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Coverking Seat Covers

I have a set of coverking neoprene seat covers in my truck. I love them, they are black and grey with a Powercat Logo sewn into the headrest.

·
Registered
269 Posts
to be honest its one of the reasons i got rid of my old truck... leather seats suck imo. there hot as hell in the summer and colder then a nuns cvnt in winter.

·
Registered
72 Posts
kc steve;1573466; said:
If you do a search on seat covers you will find a wealth of information. I have the Sportsman 500 Denier in camo and really like them another popular heavy duty, custom fit brand is Marathon superhides.

http://www.camotruckseats.com/

http://www.marathonseatcovers.com/

hope this helps.

Steve

Steve
Marathonseat covers(superhides) are pricey but they are the best I have ever had. Loved them on my furd, Saving to put them on my chevy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Marathon Seat Covers are some of the finest out there. I agree with some of the other folks though, you are still going to have to condition that leather, at least twice a year depending on where you live. This my second set of covers from Marathon,(2 trucks)great covers and even better customer service. Just my 2bits. David

1 - 13 of 13 Posts