Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 CC with the 40/20/40 non-power seat in it and I want to upgrade to buckets, specifically I want seats that give me lumbar adjustment. I know that later model 10 way power seats give lumber adjustment but are there any others that do as well? And what seats from older models will bolt in? I have found a lot of Avalanche seats available from older models but I didn't know if they would be a bolt in. Since I currently have manual seats, what else besides the seats and tracks will I need to get the power seats to work? I have also read in various posts that the seats with the air bladder for lumber adjustment were more comfortable than the electric version. Which years had the air bladder in them?

Thanks!!
Tony

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
The seats should bolt in but wiring will be the problem since thew 03 and newer trucks have quite a bit different wiring system then the 02 and older.

I'll try to see if they are compatible. Sorry I forgot to look into this before for you.

I wouldn't be surprised if the wiring is there on your truck but that is something that you are going to have too look for. If it is there it would probably be a whole lot easier to find 03 or newer seats.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
i think it will be a PITA to do. it would be easier to just go and get a new truck:joke:

·
Bac To The Future
23,008 Posts
I can think of two things stopping you.

1) The bolts and/or nuts in the floor for the "inside" tracks for the buckets and the console are probably not there. I think they are welded to the floorpan.

2) Wiring won't be there. GM has started to leave the wiring out if the option isn't there. How thats a cost-saving measure, I can't figure out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have an 05 I did not have power seats but the harness was their. I put power seats on both driver and pass, the seats I put in were from an 04 tahoe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts