Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently found a pair of barely used air ride seats from a kodiak. But after removing the passenger side seat out of my truck, I noticed that the bolt pattern is different?!? Is there a bracket or adapter that makes the air seats fit?? Looks like the bolts in the cab would be the same pattern whether you had standard seats or air. If sombody has a picture or better yet a diagram of the air ride seat base, I would appreciate it. Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Does your truck have driver and passenger side airbags? (like the supplemental inflatable restraint, not the suspension airbags :) ) I think you cant get airbags with air ride seats for whatever reason...so the mounting patterns are most likely different from trucks that DONT have airbags...

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have air anything. Includeing no air bags. I added a compressor and tank with the idea of finding some air seats and adding them. I just can't imagine different seat bolt patterns. That is why I thought there might be an adapter plate??? I really would like to see a pic or a diagram.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You said from a Kodiak but what size Kodiak? The C-4500 and C-5500 share the same cab, frame, etc. But the C-6500 and C-7500 are much larger in the frame, cab placement, etc. so if the seats were from the larger sized Kodiaks that might explain why the seat bases are different. |Air ride seats are going to be more common in a Class 6 or Class 7 truck.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Out of a 2004 C-4500. I may have to just fabicate something up. Anyone have a picture or their air seat frame??

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 4500 already had Air Ride seats but I had Western Hauler ship me some much nicer more confortable seats. they also had to send some fabricated pieces of bar stock to attach to the air base so that their seats would bolt down. this could be what you are experiencing. The factory seats that came on my air bases had a shorter bolt patter front to back than the larger better seats.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went to Lowes and fabbed up an adjustable mounting system that actually looks pretty good!! Cost about $60 for the hardware from Lowes. The width was the kicker....9" wide air ride base VS. the 13" wide plain seat base.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts