Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am waiting for a reply from Reese, so I thought I would check with the forum to see if anyone had run into this problem and found a good solution.

On hooking up a Line of Fire on a 2004, just like the 2003, GM trucks, that come with a trailering package and the seven pin hookup under the bumper:

Do you know of a source for a T-type adapter that will allow me to unplug the brake/tail lights and insert the cable with a flat four prong plug on the end allowing the LOF to hook into. This would let me still have my OEM plug in site available for the trailer, and to keep the LOF plugged in all the time and get a factory look.

Thanks for any help as to where to find this adapter to plug my LOF into.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is essentially what I want, but the 2003/2004's are not like the previous years. I had ordered one thru AutoZone, locally, and when it came it was simply a product to convert the 7 pin to a 4 flat. I have emailed the folks at your link to see what they may have.
Thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here is a link that takes you directly to the mfg. With an 800 # for technical assistance. This may be a better route.
http://www.trailerwiring.com/
Sorry about the other link as it looks like it's for Toy-motors only!!
Edited by: Two Goldens

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have what RUMAXED is showing. I want to leave that open for my trailer. I want to go back before that and to the square box with all the wiring connections up behind the bumper to add the flat 4 that will hook up and always be connected to the LOF.

And from from I am told, I cannot simply by a flat 4 and splice into the left and right signals and brake lights and running lights...as they tell me the new wiring and computer setups will stop the 7 pin from working or the tail lamps from functioning properly.

Thanks for the replies, I have gone to the site y'all recommended and emailed them pics of the LOF, the pics of what I want to do and am hoping they will have a simple adapter that will go inline.

·
Registered
408 Posts
TxDoc said:
I have what RUMAXED is showing. I want to leave that open for my trailer. I want to go back before that and to the square box with all the wiring connections up behind the bumper to add the flat 4 that will hook up and always be connected to the LOF.

And from from I am told, I cannot simply by a flat 4 and splice into the left and right signals and brake lights and running lights...as they tell me the new wiring and computer setups will stop the 7 pin from working or the tail lamps from functioning properly.

Thanks for the replies, I have gone to the site y'all recommended and emailed them pics of the LOF, the pics of what I want to do and am hoping they will have a simple adapter that will go inline.

I Wish I Was Told About Splicing Before I Did That For My Under Tail Gate Lights. No Troubles Here

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well....since you have done this and the people who told me it would not work have not...this may be the easier fix. I just need a female 4 flat with wires on the other end :)

Thanks RUMAXED.

·
Registered
74 Posts
TxDoc, go to etrailer.com, I purchased a replacement trailer connector that has both the 7 pin round and the 4 pole flat connector. Don't recall tha part numober, but know it is available. L8R

1 - 9 of 9 Posts