Diesel Place banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so how many are runing a SCV and a ATS 5 star converter??? and what kind of hp are you at.

·
Registered
6,810 Posts
dont know about the 5 star never driven one.

but the power hold capcity of SCV you going to need rods dual fuelers turbo to hurt it or do something realy stupid;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it will take a lot to hurt it but I am running EFI now and want to be around the 500hp mark and will be doing a little sled pulling and only want to do the trans once so I don’t mind overkill

·
Registered
6,810 Posts
sc3 would more than handle that power;) fwiw

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
I don't have the SC trans, but I can tell you from direct experience that the 5-star works perfectly for pulling.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
I don't have the SC trans, but I can tell you from direct experience that the 5-star works perfectly for pulling.
I don't doubt that it does as it's a great converter but converters need to be tailered to the trucks power system. No one converter fits all applications.

·
Registered
550 Posts

x3

my SC III with 1057 holds my 480hp just fine. I don't pull with it, but it gets worked from time to time on the street :D

I'm just about 410rwhp and look to go a little more in a couple weeks

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
how much better would a 5 disk be over a 3 disk? what would be the best use for one? daily driving, race, pulling? big tunes, big turbos, twins?

just wondering

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
Suncoast uses a 5 disc for their high stall sled puller converters. There is less of a shock with the 5 disc in this situation when the converter clutch applies because of the rpm difference.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I don't doubt that it does as it's a great converter but converters need to be tailered to the trucks power system. No one converter fits all applications.
i might have to disagree PARTLY:eek:. i know that ATS has the 5-star in about 4-5 different stall speeds/ratios. but yes, a converter does have to match well to work to its full potential.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
awesome thanks

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
i might have to disagree PARTLY:eek:. i know that ATS has the 5-star in about 4-5 different stall speeds/ratios. but yes, a converter does have to match well to work to its full potential.
You agreed with me. :D With so many different variations and power levels, there needs to be more choices for selecting the proper converter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts