Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to start using Schaeffers 274 #2 grease http://schaefferoil.com/ in my vehicles and it dawned on me that Schaeffer may make other products worth considering. It appears from posts on the web http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/ that there is a lot of discussion of Schaeffer greases but very little on their other products.

Don't recall seeing any mention of folks using Schaeffer products on this Forum. Anyone using Schaeffer products in their trucks???

Specifically, is anyone using their #741 synthetic 75-90 gear lube in the GM HD series pickups with the Eaton G-80 differential? I won't use "Grape Juice" because it costs a ton from the "Stealer". Most folks I know are using Mobil 1 Synthetic 75-90 with good results. Comments??

Also trying to find out if Schaeffer make a synthetic ATF that meets Dexron III and Allison (1000 series trans) specs as an alternative to Mobil 1 or TranSynd but it does not appear they do.

May just default to Mobil 1 for the Alli, diffs and Xfer case.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I had never heard of them until you mentioned them the other day. I like what they have to say about their gear oil and Eaton!

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Finally, somebody bringing that up with out my prodding. I use the oil in all my vehicles and quad, I use the grease in all my vehilcles and quad. I use the spray lubes in everything, I ordered the gear lube for my truck, I am gonna get the atf they offer also. It is a synthetic and it meets Dex III specs. Good enough for me. I was so impressed with the stuff I have used, I have signed on to be a dealer for them. I will offer Schaeffers products in my online store also.

·
Registered
349 Posts
dmaxalliTech- Just when is that "new" store going to be open for business? I've got a new toy on the way and I'm itching to play with it.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thanks for the update. Good luck with the State and Lawyers...two things that complicate everyones lives.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
they are draggin there feet it seems, but it is tax time and they didnt hire their extra tax help this year becuase of budget

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dmaxallitech

Have a recommendation from a Schaeffer distributor that says Schaeffer 741 is NOT made by Schaeffer but is another manufactor's oil repackaged for Schaeffer customers. Don't yet know who makes it. This distributor strongly recommends using #167 in Eaton diffs. It does not look like #167 is synthetic so even though is may be approved by Eaton it may not be recommended in the G-80. Can you check into this? I will be out of town until Friday so I will not be able to do any research.

Additionally, Schaeffer does make #204s which is an allison C-4/Dexron III spec synthetic ATF. See what you can find out about using this in the Alli. THANKS

Will be back on Friday and will catch up and continue the research.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
I've run the #741 gear oil for a lot of years in semi axles and trailer hubs.

I also use the supreme 7000 oil in my excavating equipment only because I don't own the D/A long enough to run the moly in them.

We haven't used any other grease but schaeffers for over 25 years.

The big printing shop I used for switched over to their grease because it has a higher temp range than lithium crap.

There winter fuel additive is top notch but I haven't used it in Dmax yet, but I just bought 4 gallons last week.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have been using all their products in my 02 since new and have had great results on the oil analysis. We have also been using their products in our farm equipment for over 30 years

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pulling_Max

Specifically what Schaeffer products are you using on your 02 Chevy and where?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Local Meyers gas station that sells premeium deisel full has a sign on the pump that says they are using Shaeffer additive in the fuel. Been using it since Dec and have no problems. Don't know if it meets GM standards.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts